Sunday, November 23, 2008

Frangelico Pears with Brown Butter Filling

A simple pate sucre filled with a brown butter filling (simple butter browned until it has a hazelnut smell to it, with eggs, sugar a bit of flour and I added a bit more frangelico [hazelnut liquor] to flavor it a smidge). It was alright, I need to figure out how to make the brown butter taste like the flavor I add to it - I really wanted a hazelnut flavor to it, but besides adding roasted ground hazelnuts, I'm not sure how to do it.

3 comments:

Ms Ashley said...

Wow, it looks great... Is it difficult to make? It looks pretty advanced...

Snooky doodle said...

wow what nice flavours, never thought that hazelnuts go well with pears:) looks great

rhid said...

No Ms. Ashley it was pretty easy! It's just a matter of time - poaching the pears, making the shells, letting them sit - rolling them out and then baking them. And then making the filling - Just time consuming - not too bad though! It was made from stuff I had hanging around.