Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Apple Frangipani Tart

This is such a simple tart to make, especially if you have apples and almonds hanging around. Frangipani is a smooth paste made from almonds (preferably blanched - although as you can see I got lazy and left the skins on half the almonds), sugar and eggs. You can add some flavoring in there in the form of almond extract or vanilla extract, but basically frangipani is sugar, almonds and eggs. 

For this tart I simply did my pate sucre (when don't I?) filled it with frangipani, added some peeled, cored and chopped apples and baked until it was a smidge brown, a little puffy and didn't wobble in the middle when I moved it. 

A great tart for Autumn. 

1 comment:

J. said...

This tart looks divine - it would have been great if you'd also shared the recipe (or at least direct me to it if I missed it!) :)