Friday, November 7, 2008

Carrot Cake

I've made this cake before (http://rhid-baked.blogspot.com/2007/08/carrot-cake.html) but this time I used colored carrots (yellow and orange and a sort of in-between shade). A really nice cake. Moist, nutty and a little spicy. I really like carrot cake due to it's moisture retention. If I were to make this cake again I would maybe times the cream cheese icing recipe by 1.5 as the icing was a little on the skinny side. 

School has been full of learning - as it should right? I'm getting rather obsessed with eating local and preferably organic produce since one of our classes is a sustainability class. It's kind of fascinating eating local as you are really restricted to what your local farmers produce, and they in turn are restricted by what consumers eat, what grows up here in the wet North West and what they decide what to grow. There is some amazingly good looking, and better yet - tasting produce out there. Go explore!

4 comments:

Ms Ashley said...

It looks gorgeous! Very nice job.

Snooky doodle said...

Nice cake . I LOVE CARROT CAKE. oRGANIC IS ALWAYS A BETTER CHOICE :)

Haley said...

i find myself becoming more obsessed with eating local and more organic as well.

beautiful cake!

Treasures By Brenda said...

Carrot cake is great -- and so is your idea to use colored carrots!

I have created a couple of carrot-themed pages. One is a dedication to The Best-Ever Carrot Cake Recipe and another is a discussion called Baby Carrots ~~ When Is A Carrot Not A Carrot. You might enjoy taking a peek!

Brenda