I adore rye bread. Something about the flavor adds a heartiness and depth that you simply can't achieve using white flour alone. This rye has caraway, a little dark rye flour and has a sourdough starter using some of the levain I've been faithfully keeping alive for the past few weeks. So it has a little added sourness to it, and the flavor gets better as the bread ages.
I like to call the style of cut I used on the bread "the comb over". From Hamelman.
- Deniz's Birthday Desert: Brownies and Caramel Ice ...
- Lisa's Tart: Lemon Cream And Blueberries
- Cherry Sorbet
- Strawberry, Raspberry and Balsamic Vinegar
- Away Again
- Gateau de Crepes with Green Tea Cream
- Light Rye 60%
- Winter Sanity and Green Apple Pectin
- Cherries and Preserving them
- Rhubarb and Spiced Meringue Tart
- Macaroons: Choc Chip with Salted Caramel
- Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
- Le Success
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2008 (90)