Cherries are my favorite fruit on earth. They are delectable when they are fresh and in season and local. Unfortunately the season isn't long enough for my liking so I decided to preserve some cherries in a sugar syrup with a bit of liquor added in. I made one set with rum and the other with brandy. I figure these beauties will be wonderful in tarts in winter.
The variety I used is called 'Tieton". They are mammoth, juicy and hold there shape well. I was talking to the people where I bought these pretties from, and they said they only have them for about 2.5 weeks per year. So sad. But I have a little treasure tucked away for the colder months.
- Deniz's Birthday Desert: Brownies and Caramel Ice ...
- Lisa's Tart: Lemon Cream And Blueberries
- Cherry Sorbet
- Strawberry, Raspberry and Balsamic Vinegar
- Away Again
- Gateau de Crepes with Green Tea Cream
- Light Rye 60%
- Winter Sanity and Green Apple Pectin
- Cherries and Preserving them
- Rhubarb and Spiced Meringue Tart
- Macaroons: Choc Chip with Salted Caramel
- Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
- Le Success
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2008 (90)