Friday, September 18, 2009

Nectarine Tart

I'm not usually a huge fan of nectarines, always been more of a peach lady myself, however it is the end of summer fruit season (sniff sniff) and so I thought I needed to use some nectarines.

This is a simple tart that relies on good, fresh nectarines that are at the peak of their season.

It has a simple almond cream base, with fresh nectarines cut, and arranged on top. That's it.

It smelled amazing, the texture was really nice, soft - like apricots from a can, but a lot more fragrant.

A tart I would make again.

4 comments:

Jennifer Galatioto said...

This is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. Cheers!

Heather said...

This tart is so pretty, it must have been a ton of work to slice and arrange those nectarines

Snooky doodle said...

this tart looks delicious and so nice!

rhid said...

Thank you Morta, Heather and Snooky.