I was talking to a friend and fellow baker Sarah during the week and she was telling me about her rotation on doughs. She said that the only pastry she ever bought (that she made) was a galette with chard, onions, balsamic, apple and blue cheese. I thought I'd give it a burl at home. It was a magnificent combo. The crust is a simple one - I just got lazy. Originally I was going to make some snazzy yeasty thing, but then I couldn't be bothered and so I made a crust without yeast, made some fancy crusts. I then simply washed, chopped and sauteed some gorgeous chard with some red onion, added a ton of balsamic vinegar. I placed thinly slice granny smith apples on the base, placed the chard on top, then the blue cheese. Finally I put on some pine nuts, and then baked it until the crust was a smidge brown. That's it, so simple, and so very tasty!
- ► 2009 (74)
- Rice Pudding
- World Peace Cookies - Dorie to the Rescue Again
- Bah Humbug and Stollen
- Fig, Roasted Hazelnuts, Fennel Seed and Rosemary B...
- Coffe Cake - Asia Pear and Rosemary Crumble
- Choc Chip Cookies
- The Future of Food
- Squirrels and other Edibles
- Veg mini cakes
- Chard, Blue Cheese and Apple Galette
- Snow Men and the art of piping
- ▼ December (13)