2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed and cut to fit a 9 X 9 inch baking tin
7.5 oz vanilla custard powder
3 cups milk
2.25 cups cream
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup salted butter (cut into pieces)
1. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Place the puff pastry sheets on the parchment, in a single layer. Place a second baking tray over the top.
2. Bake on 350F for around 25-30 min or until the sheets have puffed up, and golden.
3. While the sheets are baking, make the custard filling. In a bowl place the custard powder and sugar, and a small amount of milk and whisk until there are no lumps.
4. In a medium saucepan, put in the milk, the cream, and the custard mixture. Stir constantly until it thickens, and then add the butter.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Place the baked puff pastry on a cooling rack.
7. When both the pastry and the custard are fairly cool, place one of the puff pastry sheets on the bottom of the baking tin.
8. Pour over the thick custard mixture, and smooth with the back of a spoon.
9. Place the other puff pastry on top.
10. Put in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
11. Cut into slices, and serve with icing sugar sprinkled over the top.