2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Sugar
2tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cups Butter
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Milk
1. Method preheat Oven to 375F or 190C
2.In a big bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to dry ingredients.
3. Using two butter knives, cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse bread crumbs.
4. In another bowl mix together the egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
5.Pour into the flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
6. Try not to over mix. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface.
7. Push the dough flat so that it is about 4cm thick . Using a circle biscuit cutter*, cut dough into rounds.Can use an egg glaze (1 egg and 1Tbs milk beaten together) to brown the scones.
8. Cook 15-18 min until slightly brown
9. Serve with cream and jam, or butter.
*If you don’t have a round biscuit cutter, simply break off dough and round them into balls and flatten them onto a baking sheet.
Recipe from http://www.joyofbaking.com/scones.html