Raspberries are here! They are in season and they are tasting mighty fine. As such - I had to do some more baking with them. Although not the prettiest cake this cake was seriously moist and tasty. It had pockets of fresh raspberries which disintegrated into little jam like nuggets just bursting with raspberry flavor. A very nice cake indeed!
3 cups all purpose flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
1 and 3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs. orange juice
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup of low fat plain yogurt
1 tsp. grated orange zest
3 large eggs at room temp
1.5 cups fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a bundt pan.
3. In a large bowl whisk 2.5 cups of flour, salt and baking powder together.
4. In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the orange juice, almond extract and orange peel to the butter mixture - beat together for 30 seconds.
6. Add one egg at a time, beating for 30seconds between each egg.
7. Mix in the yogurt.
8. Add the dry ingredients until they are barely blended.
9. In a separate bowl put in the raspberries and add 1/2 a cup of flour. Mix together.
10. Fold in the berries with the rest of the batter.
11. Put the batter in the bundt pan and bake for 1hour and 10 min. The cake is ready when you place a thin knife through it and it comes out clean.
Taken from the July 2008 "Bon Appetie" p. 63.
- ► 2009 (74)
- Egg Whites: Pecan Meringues or Resurrection Cookie...
- Egg Whites: Nougat with Roasted Hazelnuts and Rum
- Strawberry Custard Tart
- Pine Nut and Lavender Cake - Yogurt Part 2
- Cherry and Choc Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Yogurt Cake - Part 1 of the Yogurt Cakes...
- Chocolate, Caramel and Honey Roasted Peanut Tart
- Lisa's Lemon Raspberry Desserts
- Apple Fritters
- Stewed Rhubarb
- Rhubarb Flan
- ▼ June (11)