Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies

Sweet, slightly salty and wonderfully crunchy these cookies (biscuits to me….) were a revelation. I have to admit my exposure to peanut butter isn’t huge – I like it on toast and that’s about it (I haven’t even tried a peanut butter and jelly sandwich). These biscuits were rather addictive in there contrasting tastes, and simple to make.

Ingredients
½ cup melted unsalted butter
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (although I can’t see why you couldn’t use crunchy peanut butter)
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1.5 cups plain flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Method
1.In a large bowl add the melted butter, brown and granulated sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.


2. In another bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With a whisk, whisk the ingredients together.

3. Add the flour to the butter mixture.

4. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.

5. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

6. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease two baking trays.

7. Using dampened hands shape the dough into small (1-inch) balls. Place on the baking sheets, and either slightly press down with your finger tips, or press the top down with a fork.

8. Bake until the bottoms are golden brown (12-15min).

9. Let the cookies cool for a little bit and then using a metal spatula transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Taken from: Williams-Sonoma “Cookies” pp. 52-3.

6 comments:

grace said...

wow, those look soft. and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

awesome. :)

~Amber~ said...

These look so puffy and delicious. And now I am craving peanut butter cookies, to bad my husband does not like peanut butter :)

isabella said...

I love your blog and I linked immediately

rhid said...

Thanks a.grace, amber (I say bake a batch for yourself! Actually I bet these would freeze rather nicely as well) and isabella (I looked at your blog but it's mostly in Italian - I can't read Italian! But I'll keep looking at the pictures)

Lisa Turner said...

These look perfect! The Williams-Sonoma series is one of my favorites.

test it comm said...

Those look great! Peanut butter cookies are one of my favorites.