Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Plum Danish

Although Tricia did bring plums over they were prune plums, and I happened to see some beautiful duarte plums at the market that very same week. These were a deep red plum, very fragrant. Little did I know that they had a beautifully sweet, ruby red flesh on the inside.

This is a simple Danish dough, cut into flower shapes. The filling consists of almond cream and the fresh pulp of the plums - no sugar added.

Danish's are such a simple pastry, and I think that as the base is simple the fillings should be simple. I like the taste of butter - and I like the taste of butter in these guys.

5 comments:

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Sounds fantastic and looks so fancy!

Jules said...

Beautiful looking treats. I love how a simple cut in the dough can be so effective.

Jennifer Galatioto said...

These are so gorgeous and delicate. Can this be done with apples? I have so many local apples...

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

I can't get over how beautiful those are! Great idea and photos.

rhid said...

Thanks guys! Morta yes totally apples would work perfectly. I recommend stewing them down with a little water and whatever spices you like. Alsoyou could try Rome apples if you have any locally as their flesh is a little pink, so great for colour. Apples pair so so well with almond cream as well so apples= great!