A tasty smooth rich cake with a bit of
a kick from the coulis this was a delectable cake!
1 ans 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbs Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1/2 stick melted unsalted butter
Four 8 oz boxes cream cheese, at room temp.
1 and 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs at room temp.
1 and 1/3 cups sour cream or heavy cream.
1 pint fresh raspberries (or frozen just make sure they are partially thawed)
3 Tbs. sugar (or more to taste)
1. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure the sides of the pan are 2.75 inches high.
2. Wrap the bottom of the pan in alumininum foil.
3. Stir the crumbs, sugar and salt toether in a medium bowl.
4. Pour over the melted butter and stir until evrything is uniformly moist.
5. Scrape the ingredients into the tin. Pat an even layer of crumbs on the bottom of the pan and about half way up the sides.
6. Put the pan in the freezer.
7. Preheat the oven to 325F.
1. Put a kettle of water on to boil.
2. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat the cream cheese on medium speed for 4 min.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. With the mixer running on medium, add the sugar and salt. Mix for another 4 min until the cream cheese is light.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
6. Beat in the vanilla.
7. Scrape the sides and bottom.
8. Add the eggs one by one, beating for a full min. before adding the next egg.
9. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and ad
d the cream (sour of heavy whipping cream).
10. Place the foil wrapped springform pan into a large roasting pan.
11. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the batter bowl.
12. Pour the batter into the springform.
13. Place th roasting pan in the oven, and pour enough boiling water into it so that the boiling water comes half way up the sides of the springform.
14. Bake for 1 hour 30 min.
15. Turn the oven off, and prop the door open with a wooden spoon. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour.
16. Pull the setup out of the oven, lift the springform out and remove the foil.
17. Let the cheesecake come to room temp.
18. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
19. When ready to serve remove the sides of the springform, and cut the cake.
Method: Raspberry Coulis
1. Place the berries and sugar in a blender and whir until pureed. Add more sugar if needed.
2. Strain the coulis through a sieve and serve on top of cheesecake.
Taken from Dorie Greenspan "Baking: From My Home to Yours" pp. 467 and 235-7.