Saturday, October 27, 2007
White Chocolate Cake
This cake was a really nice cake and was very easy to make. A moist cake with a rich chocolate icing.
6oz butter, chopped
1 cup milk
1.5 cups sugar
5 oz white chocolate, chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1.5tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
150g chocolate (I used semi sweet, but I would try something more milky, maybe even a white chocolate or a milk chocolate)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Place the butter, milk, sugar, and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
3. Place the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs in a bowl.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour into a well greased bundt pan, and bake on the middle rack until cooked when tested with a skewer (check after 30min, but it may need up to 50min).
1. Place chopped chocolate and the cream together in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir until choc is melted.
3. Take off heat and allow o cool for 10 min.
4. Pour over cake, tap to remove air bubble and then put in fridge to set.
Taken from Donna Hay's "Modern Classics Book 2: Cookies, Biscuits + Slices, Small Cakes, Cakes, Desserts, Hot Puddings, Pies + Tarts" pp72-3 & 92
- ► 2009 (74)
- ► 2008 (90)