Monday, October 20, 2008

Mini Mix Tarts Cranberry, Raspberry, Pear, Ginger and Clove

I had a lot of cranberries left over from the bundt cake and so I decided to make a small tart using them and some pears that had lingered a tad too long in our kitchen. I also had a smidge left of the pate sucre, so I simply rolled it out, popped it in small tart pans, and baked them until golden brown. 

The filling was stewed pears, cranberries, raspberries, a little bit of finely chopped ginger, a splash of pear liquor, some cloves, a bunch of sugar and a thyme sprig that was removed once I had finished simmering the filling. The consistency was like that of a jam, and so I added a little bit of corn starch to thicken it. I popped it into the ready shells, garnished with finely chopped ginger and a sprig of thyme. Easy as that. 

The tarts were well, tart but the combination of the sugary, buttery sucre meant that they weren't an unpleasant tart. I was quite pleased with these. 

3 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

wow how nice its like a pool tinted red :) the photo is great. and nice recipe

Chocolate Shavings said...

That looks absolutely delicious - what a great idea for a Fall tart!

Rico said...

nice looking tart ...shiny and red, I bet is santa's favourite tart too ..lol

http://ricocoffeeshop.blogspot.com