8oz butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2.25 cups plain flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
4.5 oz milk chocolate, either chips or broken into pieces
4.5 oz bittersweet chocolate, either chips or broken into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 300F.
2. Place the butter and the two types of sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer and using the paddle attachment beat until light and creamy.
3. Add one egg at a time, and beat for 1 min between each addition.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, and cocoa and mix together well.
5. Add the chocolate pieces/chips and combine.
6. Using 1 heaped Tbs. of the mixture make into rough round balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper (make sure there is a decent amount of rooms between the cookies as these guys spread).
7. Bake for around 20-25 min (maybe even longer 30 min). They are cooked when they are brown on the bottom.
Taken from Donna Hay's Modern Classics: Book 2" pp. 30, 32.