Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stewed Rhubarb

Ok, not technically baking - but as the last post was me bagging a rhubarb dish I didn't want people thinking that I didn't like rhubarb. So, I thought I'd post on a good rhubarb dish - simple stewed rhubarb.

Ingredients
1 lb fresh rhubarb cut into pieces
1/2 cup sugar (probably will require more - just add more to taste)
3 pieces of thick lemon skin
2-3 pears (or apples) peeled and chopped into pieces (around the same size as the rhubarb pieces)
Method
1. Place all ingredients into a saucepan, and cover with water (the water should cover the ingredients by around 1cm).
2. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer until the rhubarb and pears have boiled down into each other.
4. Taste and see if it requires more sugar - if so then add some.
3. Wonderful served with vanilla ice cream or custard.

No comments: